Just a quick post to acknowledge that, in one of the biggest sports upsets of all time, Leicester City won the Premier League! Leicester City went in to the season with 5,000 to 1 chances of winning the league...well following their tie with Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur's tie with Chelsea, Leicester City officially won the Premier League.
To give you an idea of how unlikely this was:
- 1,000 to 1 odds that the Auburn Tigers would win the 2013 BCS Championship
- 300 to 1 odds that the St. Louis Rams would win the 1999 Super Bowl
- 150 to 1 odds that Greece would win Euro 2004
When it comes to 5,000 to 1 odds, there are better chances (based on bookies) that:
- Elvis is alive
- the Yeti or the Loch Ness monster exists
- Christmas will be the warmest day of the year in England
- Kim and Kanye name their next child "Sinner"
- Kim Kardashian becomes the U.S. President in 2020
- President Obama will play cricket for England after he leaves the Oval Office
If you bet on Leicester City to win, congratulations, you probably just made a bunch of money! If not, better luck next year and get ready for Euro 2016!